Monday, October 10, 2011

Our Weekend has come to an end!

I woke up early this morning as if my mind and body knew that I was headed back to reality.  I didn't sleep much for the first time here but it was cool.  I was able to connect more with God while here in Deep Creek and for someone like me who rarely shows emotions (tears), I cried.  We shared our lives this weekend and it made me feel more connected to my sistahs.  We each gave a word to describe the weekend and mine was, "NEEDED"!  I needed this, we needed this.  I said I was scared and thats the truth.  But today, I feel like a true fighter because my circle of friends and family believe in me and God didn't make no punk!  lol  I go to John Hopkins on Tuesday and I believe in my heart that God will allow me to select a hospital on that day so that I can move forward.  If you have a friend or family member that is going through what I'm going through, lift them up in prayer and reach out.  My words to my sistah's were, I know that people will drop off the map as this journey continues.  It's my reality and I'm ok with it. I just don't want those who are important to me to fall off.  Fight this battle with me and don't leave me alone when I need you the most. Call, text and visit me. Tell me a joke and lets laugh when I want to cry.  Just don't fall off the map.  I love my friends, associates, co-workers and most of all my family.  God has blessed me with a serious support system.  Thank You God for a marvelous weekend!  I feel recharged!








No comments:

Post a Comment