Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Anxiety

Yesterday I chose John Hopkins Hospital to help me through my journey.  Man, I was so impressed with their doctors.  The Surgical Oncologist walked in the room with swag.  I call him my Vanilla Jay Z!  I felt like they cared about me and about my cancer.  I left those appointments feeling like we were going to whip Cancer's ass!  yep! My spirits were way up!  They scheduled me to meet with the Medical Oncologist. I call her the Drug Doctor.  She was truly prepared for my visit.  She had notes written out for me and she drew diagrams to explain what the heck I had and how it was growing in my body.  She told me that my cancer is growing at a fast rate and my hormones are feeding that little sucker. lol  She's going to start me on Chemotherapy before they do surgery.  When I asked, 'when', she said next week. My heart dropped and reality smacked my ass in the face again. I have CANCER! WTF  It doesn't seem real but it is as real as it gets.  Six weeks of Chemo for the next 12 weeks.  I guess I need to prepare.  The thought of having these drugs dumped into my body to kill cancer is scary. It will destroy my white blood cells. I can't be around germs. They said I may get sick, feel extremely tired, my hair will fall out but it will kill the cancer. I guess the battle begins and I'm ready.  I think I may announce to my friends to meet me at the barbershop to cut my locs next week.  We can all wear pink and celebrate a new chapter. We can take over the barbershop and at the same time, bring awareness to this disease.  I think that will be hot! :-)

I need to prepare my daughter but I think she's ready to be my helper.  God, you are in control and I'm walking by Faith!


4 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!!! GOD COULDN'T HAVE USED A BETTER PERSON TO BRING AWARENESS OF THE BIG "C" CLOSER TO OUR HEARTS THAN YOU!!! BESIDES WHO DON'T LOVE YOU L~I~S~A??!! FOR YOU TO TO SHARE YOUR JOURNEY WITH THE WORLD IS A BLESSING TO EVERYONE THAT WILL HAVE TO COME UP AGAINST THIS BATTLE!! FOR AS LONG AS I HAVE KNOWN YOU, YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ONE TO ENLIGHTEN, INSPIRE, MOTIVATE, STRENGTHEN, AND EDUCATE SO FOR YOU TO BLOG YOUR JOURNEY TO VICTORY IS SOMETHING THAT I WOULD SAY "LISA NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME"(SMH)"SHE IS MY SHE~RO" ILY!!! SHAWN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely one of the strongest women I know. To still be able to walk with your head held high and turn something so negative into like losing your hair into a positive it soooo inspiring. You have one hellofa corner of supporters...I love you Lisa as all your friends do. We will beat this, No Doubt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, thank you for blessing us with your story. Please know that you can lean on us for support. We love you and are here for you and Liyah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diddy you rock.... Never knew why that name stuck' you give it new meaning... you Run it! you can't and wont stop!

    ReplyDelete