Monday, October 31, 2011

I Did It!

Well, one Chemo Treatment down, 15 to go.  It wasn't as bad I thought it would be.  I took it like a soldier!  The port was the boom. I didn't feel a thing go through my veins. The meds gave me a headache and I was quite dizzy but all else was ok, bareable.  My good sista/friend Cynthia went with me and what I didn't hear through the process, she captured it. My friends and family have just been great.  Even old classmates (Facebook) have been off da chain with assistance and words of encouragement.  Social Networking is great for a lot of things.  It has been good for me.  *Shout out to Keda and Patrice for the face mask!  Tierra was ready to mail me some from Norfolk. (all smiles)  Lemon and Mint Tea have been my friend for my headaches (Thanks Drea!)  Been eating the Bananas, Apples and Applesauce Miyoshi brought over just because.  I didn't know I needed it but I did.  Right on time!  When your friends and family say they got your back, mine mean it!  They have my back.

So, I'm working from home today and I have plenty to do.  It's nice to stay focused on something else then Cancer.  I have to be cautious because the chemo attacks your white blood cells. If my temperature rise above 100.4, I have a 4 hour window to contact my doctors for an emergency or I can lose my life.  Its a sign of an infection in my blood stream.  I've been checking my temperature throughout the day.  Cancer will not kill me, I'd be damn if a blood infection do it.  I'm just saying..... BTW.....I lost some small amount of hair but not on my head yet, so I'm ok.  Hopefully we'll make it to November 5th for the hair cut!

Lastly, last night I recieved a few texts from my 14 year old stepson, Jordan.  He's an honor student at St. John's College/HS. ( I had to throw that out.)  Anyway, he brought tears to my eyes.  He calls me: LeLe and he asked how I was doing.  When I responded that I was good and fighting and I told him I loved him, he responded: 'love u too but what the doc say?'  lol  I have to remember he's 14 now so I broke it down to him and he said, he'll be checking on me and to hang in there!  I love my kids!  All of them!

I have my boots strapped for a good fight!  I'm in good spirit and I believe that I have the strength of superman.  My daughter gives me purpose and my heart beats by the grace of God!  I don't sleep much but I won't conplain because at the end of this battle, I'll get as much sleep as I need. 

Let me get back to my work! Follow me on this blog!  I wonder how many followers I can get :-)  I love you guys and keep praying for me.  For all those who are going through what I'm going through, strap up and keep the faith.  It's ok to cry but wipe your tears and smile because God has your back.  Prayer works and whatever his plan is for you, be ok with it.  I'm ok with it!

3 comments:

  1. Great post Lisa...be encouraged. Know that many are praying for you!!! Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading tonights blog I reflected on the life of Job and how when everything was taken from him he still praised God. You and he are very much alike because your praise/faith to God has increased with every challenge and obstacle in your life. You are powerful in your faith and you have rallied God's children to actively step up and step out. This blog is your on going testimony and thank you for sharing your journey. love you! T

    ReplyDelete