Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Baby's Daddy!

He said, 'I got your back.' He said, 'I love you and we are forever connected.' He said, 'You my baby momma.' and I laughed out loud.  God blessed me with a wonderful friend and he is a great father to our child. He stands tall with a gentle smile and he loves his kids and me. Yes, he loves me!  When two people bring a life into this world and can co-parent with that one goal in mind and that is to be the best parents God will have us to be, it's a beautiful thing. He makes me mad sometimes but it only last a minute. I make him mad sometimes but it only last a minute. We talk about everything and I do mean everything because at the end of the day, he not just my child's father or ex-husband, he's my friend.  He told me today that he has the right to be real with me, so deal with it.  This man and I do mean, MAN, said, if he could take on this cancer and the treatment to spare me the pain and suffering, he would.  Guess what, I believe him.  He told me I can lean on him and he got me.  We cry together, we laugh together and we will fight together in this journey.  Any other loves in my life will just have to understand that this man is not just my Baby's Daddy, he's my friend.  I thank God for blessing me with such a gentle giant. We understand that things happen for the best and regardless of the road we take there are some things that will never change. I know he feels scared sometimes and it's natural. What I love about him and that he's not scared to say it.  This support system that God has blessed me with is off the chain. I'm so blessed that if by chance something happens to me, my daughter is in great hands and he will tell great stories about me. This is just my reality but I plan on being around for a long ass time. lol 

Note:  Sometimes we as women have to give our kid's father credit when credit is due and not just when he F's up. 

Cheers to you Mr. Tyner (Liyah's Daddy and my Baby Daddy, lol)

4 comments:

  1. Cool beings! Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, "WOW" especially to the note comment. You are coming through loud and very crystal clear clear. - - Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, this was absolutely beautiful. I have been thinking about you and will pray for you and your family. I envy your strength and I don't have to ask you where you got it.

    Yolanda (Kendall) Mosley

    ReplyDelete