Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Conversation with my daughter

Right before I picked Liyah up from school, John Hopkins called.  It was the Spine Surgeon's office scheduling my appointment.  My last visit I was informed that my bone was crumbling and sitting on the bottom of my back bone.  Something like that.  My doctor talked to me about surgery, putting cement in my back.  When I hung the phone up, I immediately got sad.  I don't want anymore surgery. I don't want air hitting my insides because I believe that when the cancer really spreads.  I held back the tears as Liyah got in the car.  I didn't want her to know how scared I was.  She immediately asked me what was wrong and as a tear fell, I told her.  She grabbed my hand and said, 'don't worry mom. You are the strongest person I know. We are going to pray each night until your surgery.  If this is God's plan, we have to be ok with that.'  I was at awe with her response.  For her to think I'm the strongest person she knows is so unbelievable because I think that of her.  She knows my situation and she continues to keep her spirit high and make sure that I'm ok.  She is my rock!  I know that I'm loved but the love that she gives me is unexplainable.  When I told Shan, all she could do was say, thats my baby.  She doesn't surprise us at all.  We know Liyah is amazing.  Between, Liyah, my mom and Shan, how can I bow my head.  With the army I have around me, how can I not claim victory.  With God constantly reminding me that he is in control, how can I not live my life to the fullest.  I wipe these tears and I dare the devil to come for me.  He can't win with this army.

7 comments:

  1. Starlady
    You are the epitome of wheat many women who are not battling cancer strict to be. I am one of this women. Then you for sharing your and Laylahs journey.

    I just read somewhere that cancer does not spread when exposed to air. I sure pay that is true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starlady
    You are the epitome of wheat many women who are not battling cancer strict to be. I am one of this women. Then you for sharing your and Laylahs journey.

    I just read somewhere that cancer does not spread when exposed to air. I sure pay that is true

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetluv, it is never important to me on how well I know a person verses how much I respect them. You are truly a strong and God filled women and for that I thank you for showing us how to deal with extreme adversity. You are my hero and I do love you and send you major prayers. Great inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. As stated by Lance Armstrong, We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up or fight like hell.” I’ve followed your journey for several years and know that you are a confident, strong fighter. Strength is born in the deep silence of long-suffering hearts; not amidst joy. When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and HANG ON god has other plans for you. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing
    ดูหนังผี

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog is awesome and very informative keep Sharing this type of blog.

    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete