Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Message to my friends!

Good Morning!

I just want to let you guys know that tomorrow is my last chemo treatment.  I will have completed 16 treatments and God knows I’m smiling right now.  I am half way through my battle and I feel blessed that God choose me.  He knew I was strong enough to endure and companionate enough to help others who are experiencing this as well.  I can tell you that it has not been easy but what can the devil do when I have so many people praying for me.  So I just wanted to tell you guys, thank you for all your prayers, love, text messages, emails, silent thoughts and phone calls.  Thank you for thinking about me when you have your own trials and tribulations going on.  I ask that you continue your prayers for me and all of my doctors at John Hopkins.  8:00 tomorrow morning, think about me.  I'll be starting my lab work with a smile because that will be the last time they pump that poison in my body :-)  (note:  That poison is killing my cancer and that I'm thankful for.)

Thank you for being apart of my army!  We still have some fighting to do but thank God, we're getting closer to the end.

I love my family, friends, co-workers, facebook and twitter family, strangers and those lovely, talented and gifted doctors and nurses at John Hopkins!  Let's keep doing what we do and thats whipping Cancer's ass!

Shout out to One Love Softball Team, Saints Softball Team, Ebenezer AME and all my co-workers at OWER/NIH.  (you would think I was on the radio but I had to do that :-) lol )  My job has just been amazing!  I'm truly blessed because everyone can not say the same.

I'm so excited!  Let's Go!

Lisa

8 comments:

  1. AMAZING! YOU ARE ALWAYS SHINING WITH THAT LIGHT THAT SHINES SO BRIGHT! Lisa, you have done it, CLAIM IT NOW AND FOREVER HOLD THAT TO YOUR HEART! You know you are truly blessed and loved by many. What could possibly feel better. YOU FOUGHT THIS FIGHT LIKE A WARRIOR AND A CHAMPION! TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY. BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you NeNe! We did it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you Lisa! Thus far, it's been quite a journey for you but what a blessing it has been. You are such an inspiration and a reminder that no matter what trials and tribulations we all endure, there are people out there who care and only want the best for you, others and me, :)! God bless you girl! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would just like to say you have inspired me with every positive post, every picture with your beautiful smile...The lord knew what he was doing when he chose one of his strongest soldiers to help the rest of his people that may be fighting this battle. I may not have had the opportunity to be there physically with you through your journey but do know that your spirit of faith has touched my heart and made me appreciate life so much more. From the bottom of my heart i love you lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dez, you are making me cry! Stop it :-) Love you too and thank you!!!!

      Delete
  5. Love you so much girl, so proud of you for being so strong through it all. You will forever remain in my heart and prayers!!! God Bless you....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, you have been such an Inspiration to me. I thank you so much for sharing your every step. I have learned so much from you. Prayers continue to go up for you and your family. You are truly a blessing. Love you. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matthew 17:20-21
    For truly I tell you, if you have faith
    the size of a mustard seed, you will
    say to this mountain, ‘Move from
    here to there,’ and it will move; and
    nothing will be impossible for you.”
    I have witnessed your unshakable faith;
    I have been touched by your ability to move
    mountains; and I stopped by to tell you that nothing is impossible for you Lisa as long as you continue to acknowledge Him in your life.
    Love, Will Kane, Jr.

    ReplyDelete