Monday, February 27, 2012

Tears of Joy!!!!

So today I came home from work early.  I'm not feeling well and I think the chemo is taking a toll on my body.  I don't have much energy and I don't sleep at night.  I push myself so hard because I don't want Cancer to have the upper hand on me.  I cried while talking to my supervisor today.  I told her that I was plain tired.  5 months of this has been hard and I'm tired.  She told me to go home and take care of me.  I really didn't want to but I'm tired and my head burns all the time.  So, I'm home laying down and I get an email from my friend Towanda Bryant.  She sent me a Spa Gift Card and I just laid here and cried.  I say this all the time but I'm so serious.  I feel so blessed to have the friends I have.  Out the blue, they make my day.  They send me notes of encouragement, they stop by my house, they cook for me, send me cards, rub my back and just check on me.  I sometimes feel overwhelmed because I feel so loved by so many.  These tears of mine lately, has been tears of joy.  I'm thankful and humble.

Leon just told me, I needed to go to a spa.  Towanda gave me that push, so I'm going to go right after my last chemo treatment next week.  Shout out to all my friends!  You keep lifting me up and up and up and I thank you!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment