Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Journey Continues with Part 2

Well, it's finally that time for surgery. I'm due to be at John Hopkins at 1:00 on April 11th.  So much has happened the last few weeks. My friend died of cancer, I had a person who befriended me that stole from me during my battle, my car broke down, my doctor's appointments were so crazy and my body has been showing the effects of 16 sessions of chemo.  Thats just a lot but still, I smile.

I won't lie, I cried a few days last week. I couldn't sleep because so much was on my mind.  The closer I get to my surgery date, the more sadder I became.  I know that this is just another step toward VICTORY and I know I choose LIFE but still, it's sad.  Tomorrow will be life changing for me and as I type this, tears form in my eyes. I'm not scared but I'm mad that I have to go through this.  My daughter was so sad yesterday when we talked about the surgery. She asked if this was going to be the end of it all and I said, NO. Theres radiation and more surgery to come but when its all said and done, mommy will be healthy and ready to roll. So, I'm mad because my daughter suffers from my journey as well. She's scared and I'm helpless. Each day I tell her I love her and I fight for her. So I pull my shoulders back, wipe the tears, ball up my fist and prepare to continue on this road to VICTORY.

At 1:00 pm tomorrow, I will be at John Hopkins for my surgery. I will come home on Thursday. I'm ok with my choices because one of them is LIFE.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa as GOD moves you through this journey, your daughter will be moved as well. Because she has to go through this at such a young age, she will be a strong woman. Know that nothing happens by accident and you will reign supreme.

    ReplyDelete