Thursday, October 6, 2011

2nd Opinion in Motion

Today I went to visit St. Agnes Hospital to meet with a team of doctors for a second opinion.  My good friend Jai is a doctor there and she recommended them.  My friend and sistah, Rosa took off work to go with me.  This is when I thank God for blessing me with good friends like her.  I learned a few things that my original doctor didn't tell me.  I learned that there are 2 lymph nods in my left underarm that doesn't look great, meaning they have the possibility of caring this disease.  I learned that I'm a grade 3 patient and that means I will have to have chemo to treat this.  I also learned that I have to have radiation. I original doctor said I didn't but oh well.  Whatever I have to do to survive.  I also learned that my tumor is 1.5 - 2 inches large which is big.  Every place I called for second opinions asked if I had a MRI and I would say no.  I wonder why my doctor never ordered a MRI?  interesting.... St. Agnes seems to be a nice hospital with very nice employees.  One doctor thought Rosa was my mother.  LMAO, I almost died.  Rosa was like, Really? lol  Too funny! Today was a good day because I learned a lot and I'm alive.  John Hopkins is next!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment