Saturday, December 3, 2011

Who Am I

It's been two months now and I'm still hanging tough.  I'm completely bald and I don't care.  I finally had the strength to go shopping yesterday.  I had a scarf on at first but it bothered me so I put a hat on my head. By the time we got in the mall, I whipped that hat off so fast.  I didn't care if I walked through that mall bald.  I didn't give a shit.  I was shopping and I was happy to have enough strength to do so.  I spent so much money and it felt good.  I shopped for outfits to go out in because I knew that I will be up and out when I get rid of this disease.  I began to plan last night :-)  There are times when I struggle to walk to the bathroom or to the corner for exercise.  Walking that mall for 2 hours was like completing a marathon and I was proud to complete it.  I did it!

I love my life and I thank God for putting me in the right places at the right time.  Who Am I?  I'm a mother, daughter, sister, friend, lover, BFF, woman, and human being.  Hair doesn't make me.  I was proud to walk in my baldness.  Its my war scar.  It says I'm fighting.

4 comments:

  1. That's wuzzup Sweetluv!! Stay strong...Marlon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I'm so glad you felt good enough to get out and do something I know you enjoy :)!  As much as I want to and try to understand all that you go through day after day, I can't.  When i think i do, I get a dose of reality hitting me like a ton of bricks!  Only you and others who fight cancer or fought cancer (along with hardworking caregivers) truly know what it's like!    This morning I saw a 9 yr old on TV talk about how the chemo made her feel so ill and weak.  God has her in remission at the moment!  Keep lifted...you will beat this Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa I am speechless, it is God this I know who gives you the strength and endurance to accomplish those things that are important for you to achieve. Yet I want you to know that you have truly inspired me knowing what I have to face as well, but your uplifted spirit and faith girl is awesome!! God bless you and thank you Lisa for sharing I too one day want to be where you are and sharing about this ugly disease that is trying to take God's jewels out, God says not so these are mines and you can't have them!! love you Lisa..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know all this damn time I didn't know i could TALK! OMG! BFF!! I love you, I love you, and I love you! It's always your wisdom and your spirits that gives those around you DRIVE! I love that about you and our circle! WE HAVE DRIVE AND AMBITION! Many can't say that...but we can. I alreadt told God, BOY DON'T PLAY WIT ME! LOL! He has you and keeps you tucked neatly under him, you are clearly covered in the cloth. This I know is true. Luv ya! Ne!

    ReplyDelete